To view - look at > $rate - underneath the description + before the address
Why this is happening
- Google Adwords is inserting OTAs + other 3rd parties, when users search by your hotel name.
- That means that booking.com, hotels.com + other major OTA links are visible in the reservation drop down box - ahead of the hotel's own site
- 3rd Parties are using your hotel name as a result of your hotel's inclusion in distribution
Why this matters
- It is likely that 3rd Party bookings will increase
- Hotels, particularly independents, will need alternative revenue sources to offset likely commissions increase
Hotel direct clicks offset ot as - oneglobe strategies from Oneglobe Network OGN-Xtra
- My team and I here at Oneglobe Network are currently testing some workaround solutions for #hotels
- +oneglobe craig will publish #directclick strategies this week, they include:
- use of subdomain + distribution of same
- set up of ancillary revenue sources
- tactics to make the brand name hotel website a better visitor experience than OTAs
If anyone else is working on this issue, we would be happy to collaborate.
Just let me know, craig @ ogn-xtra.com