You want to develop your online presence and create a blog for your company but you do not know with which platforms? Here are some advices that could help you choose!
- Different type of post (citation, video, photos, audio etc)
- More appreciated by music, photographs and video lovers (less for text = maybe good for hospitality’s businesses = good for visuals, emotions and atmospheres)
- Minimal design
- You can customize your blog theme (HTML) or find one on tumblr.com/theme (offers responsive theme, dashbard style, 2 columns, single)= extremely customizable but can’t change the platform Tumblr exists on (not possible to extend your theme to an app for ex.) = striclty for blogging
- Easy to use for beginners
- Owned by yahoo so not your own site
- Publish but most of all Sharing content = it is a SOCIAL MEDIA
- More for text
- Owned by Google = you need a google account
- It is customable but less than tumblr
- Limited design selection
- Widgets are available but it is not possibile to add plug-in
- In case of copyright issues, blogger may shut down your site. You do not have the full ownership.
- Blogger is good to start blogging but maybe think about something else for a long term professional ambition.