Key Points from Lounge Up post
- 80% of travellers want to easily access local amenities on their devices (MCD study),
- This means think beyond the stay - think in destination, local experience
- Independent travellers increasingly look to mobile as a first choice in solving travel problems and want little face-to-face contact with a hotel front desk
- Priceline, TripAdvisor and other big budget online travel companies have purchased restaurant bookings sites, online tour + local activities booking sites
In short, these global companies seek to own the traveler from end to end...
the total guest experience
- Travel Inspiration
- Travel planning
- Booking - air, hotel, ground
- In Destination Bookings - restaurants, exhibits, activities
- Social Sharing Rewards
- Post stay communications
- Personal Referral Networks
This quote from Priceline's CMO should rouse all hotels to action
What to do:
- Create mobile services expertise in-house - a team approach is best
- Engage a hotel mobile services platform - as essential to hotels as booking engines
- Start with essential hotel concierge services
- Enhance by adding local partners, events and 'insider' tips
- On an ongoing basis, increase mobile as a guest engagement point
- Communicate your mobile services at each digital touchpoint - email, site, Facebook, Google +, etc.
- I strongly recommend an identifiable icon - similar to WiFi
If you need some additional info, please get in touch - we are happy to help.