Hospitality app provider +LoungeUp published a comprehensive approach to reaching 'Silent Traveler'.
The Silent Traveler is self-empowered by mobile device, of the user's choice. Essentially, the Silent Traveler views and values a hotel that offers mobile-focused hotel service:
- Single in-destination app for range of desired information + recommendations
- Ability to communicate hotel services desired - extra pillows, order room service, etc.
- Information provided in user's language preference
- Real Time responsiveness
- Device and operating agnostic - universal accessibility
There are a number of studies and articles detailing the preferences + behaviors of the Silent Traveler - BUT - silent is rather a misnomer. Hotels need to listen + respond digitally to today's traveler.
An in-destination app is more than a digital concierge - apps deliver hotel guest satisfaction via:
- Well curated, value added content
- Visually presented - mobile users navigate by image
- Expressive of the hotel's personality
- Staff committed to real time responsiveness
Full article on Lounge Up Blog here
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.