One more reason that hotels need a mobile focus site PLUS Responsive main site...Google indexes mobile content first.
|Hotels Mobile Site Google Index 1st|
"Google's shift toward mobile-first indexing, which the company hinted at last year, will finally come to fruition.
The search engine historically crawled sites and pages across the Web and then determined the relationship between the content and mobile devices before ranking pages based on the desktop version, according to one report.
Now the company will index mobile content first and desktop second, making the mobile index the primary index."
What does this mean for Independent Hotels?
- A responsive main site is suited for Desktop + tablets...but needs to be augmented with a Mobile USER friendly site.
- Positive User experience drives direct bookings
- Mobile site content text needs to be differentiated from OTAs text - not compete with their text
- Mobile site text needs to be differentiated from the hotel's main site text
- Shorter - bullet point - minimal scrolling - thumbable
- Use key terms that focus on convenience, mobile USER benefits such as 'nearby'
- SEO tactics - more concise, local search driven, individual page URLs
For those of you who are tech oriented, there is an excellent rundown for Mobile Design + Optimization on Moz.
Read the full article - Google Focus on Mobile First Indexing
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.