As Hotels and accommodation providers design + create to win the coveted millennial market, those of us who want the same features win too!
As a maxi-millennial (read - boomer), I seek the same services + ambiance that millennials look for in hotels and alternative accommodations.
A brief list:
- Totally digitally connected - fast free WiFi everywhere
- Mobile self empowered services and personalized options
- Design style touches BUT affordable rates
- Interesting experiences - localized, authentic
- Social spaces - especially if shared - guests, locals and visitors
- Environmentally aware - Fair Trade or organic offerings
- Healthful food offerings - available on demand
- Friendly, helpful staff - informal (not scripted) approach
Some hotels have been out in front delivering 'millennial' experiences. My favorites are:
So, the reality is millennials is a mindset - lifestyle - not an age group - as shared at the Annual Hotel Conference UK - reported by Big Hospitality
Thank you millennials - hotels have broken free from 'standardization' of experiences - it is much more fun.